We live in a world where things aren’t as we are told they are. Deep down most people who listen to the narrative that WE the populous are fed are suspicious or aware on one level or another. Confusion and frustration can quickly succumb to this but the negative implications of allowing lies to pass as TrutH are limitless.
In the Garden of Eden the snake “beguiles” Adam and Eve but what’s often overlooked is how he does this….
Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
Let’s look at what’s important and where does the LIE sit. Points do not match verses below
- He is subtil or subtle. This is changed in most later version to crafty but subtle is a better descriptive term. Remember, subtlety.
- Read the composition of his question. What has he actually asked her? He doesn’t mention any tree in-particular and it’s actually a question about has God said something or not.
- Does God say “don’t touch it” and does he actually speak to Eve directly? No on both counts, he says only don’t eat of it and this was to Adam.
- Because a MISTRUTH is already in the conversation this allows answers to be answered in the context of that statement. “Ye shall not SURELY” die isn’t a lie within the context of her answer.
- The statement by the snake is true because they will be as God but only in that disobedience will give them knowledge of Good and Evil because they have committed evil in the disobedience. The knowledge IS the sin.
- A small g instead of G and then plural further distances the statement from needing a contextual anchor within the previous utterances and the snake is slowly reducing the need for TrutH within their interchange.
- The woman eats after LOOKING instead listening to God and vanity kicks in.
- The worst part, Adam is there and then he eats. He does nothing and only he was instructed.
A small lie then grew into something else via the subtle words of a deceiver.
Observe below and take note of the things that can’t be but are within. Nasty images but they deal with the theme deception in an ugly way in some cases. It’s VERY important to value TrutH and fight for it. Put everything to question when something small tells you that it’s not. Slowly your ears and eyes become aware and this is the discernment you need in order to find ALL TrutH.